Jeep announced on Aug. 31 the 2024 Jeep Compass, which delivers a 2.0-liter, direct injection, turbocharged, inline four-cylinder engine.
The new Jeep Compass lineup receives a new front grille insert treatment and wheel designs up to 19 inches (late availability).
The Compass Trailhawk model also receives a new all-terrain tire (late availability)
The Jeep Compass introduces an array of advanced safety and security features, including an available semi-autonomous driving system, parallel and perpendicular park assist, traffic sign recognition systems, and a 360-degree surround-view camera.
Standard safety and security features on all trims also include:
- Drowsy driver detection
- Full-speed forward collision warning with active braking
- Pedestrian/cyclist automatic emergency braking
- Active lane management
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-path detection
Next-generation technologies offered on Compass include an available 10.25-inch frameless full-color thin-film transistor (TFT) digital cluster, and standard 10.1-inch digital infotainment touchscreen.
- The 2.0-liter direct injection turbocharged inline four-cylinder engine suited for the 2023 Compass is rated at 200 horsepower and 221 lb.-ft. of torque and is mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission.
- Standard on all trims, benefits of the engine include outstanding fuel economy with engine stop-start (ESS) technology, low emissions, and enhanced drivability.
- Jeep active drive 4×4 system standard on all models (Trailhawk equipped with Jeep active drive low 4×4 system with a 20:1 crawl ratio).
- Standard select-terrain provides up to four modes (auto, snow, sand/mud modes standard on all models).
- Advanced LED lighting technology improves visibility. Front LED reflector headlamps are standard on all models; premium LED projector headlamps and taillamps available on Latitude LUX, Limited, and Trailhawk models, LED fog lamps available on Latitude and above.
- Fully disconnecting rear axle and power-transfer unit (PTU) provide 4×4 models with enhanced fuel economy.
- Trailhawk provides Trail Rated 4×4 capability with:
- Standard Jeep active drive low 4×4 20:1 crawl ratio
- One-inch factory lift, skid plates, off-road tires, red front, and rear tow hooks
- 30-degree approach angle, 24-degree breakover angle, and 34-degree departure angle
- Hill-descent Control
- Up to 19 inches of water fording
- Up to 2,000-lb. towing capability (when properly equipped)
- More than 80 standard and available safety and security features
- Advanced safety and next-generation technology, including drowsy driver detection, rear seat reminder alert, and security alarm is standard on all trims
- Next-generation Uconnect 5 infotainment system with operating speeds that are five times faster and standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability
- Standard 10.1-inch Uconnect 5 high-definition touchscreen radio.
- Available full-color 10.25-inch frameless digital TFT gauge cluster
For 2024, the all-new Jeep Compass 4×4 lineup consists of five models:
- Latitude; altitude package available
- Latitude LUX
- Limited; (RED) edition and high altitude packages available