Hyundai Motor Company revealed on Aug. 30 the improved 2024 Elantra compact sedan for the North American market during a YouTube news conference.
Simon Loasby, influential designer and head of the style group at Hyundai, walked viewers through the design upgrades.
The updated compact sedan goes on sale this fall.
“The 2024 Elantra is proof of Hyundai’s commitment to design-forward vehicles with innovative technology,” said José Muñoz, president and global COO of Hyundai Motor Company, in a recent news release. “The car market has stabilized, and Hyundai remains committed to sedans as a part of our lineup at a time when some manufacturers have abandoned the segment.”
“Our development direction was to refine the Elantra outside and inside. We’ve added customer-friendly features and created a more unique, purposeful, and playful character,” said Loasby. “We have emphasized Elantra’s bold, dynamic exterior design achieving what we call parametric dynamics, conveying new emotions to customers through geometrically separated beauty.”
Elantra Exterior Enhancements
- New front and rear fascias
- Thinner LED daytime running lights with a metallic bar connecting them
- Rear diffuser with a wide U-shaped silver element
- New front fenders
- New 15,16, 17, and 18-inch alloy wheel designs
- C-pillar trim features Parametric Dynamics design theme
2024 Elantra Safety
- New rear side airbags (standard all trims)
- New rear seat belt reminder (standard all trims)
- Steering wheel haptic feedback (standard all trims) added to:
- Lane keeping assist.
- Blind-spot collision-warning.
- Rear cross-traffic collision-avoidance assist.
2024 Elantra Interior Enhancements
- New soft-touch front door panels
- New H-Tex leather seating surfaces on Limited trims
- New 4.2-inch instrument cluster design
- Two rear seat USB-C outlets added
- One front-seat USB-C outlet added
- Redesigned wireless charging pad
2024 Elantra Technology Enhancements
- Surround view monitor, blind-spot view monitor, and parking distance warning – Forward & Reverse standard on Limited trim
- Digital Key 2 (compatible with iPhone and Android)
- Vehicle Wi-Fi hotspot
- 10.25-inch infotainment system now standard on SEL trims and above
2024 Elantra N New Unique Exterior and Interior Features
- Front grille and fascia
- Side sills
- 19-inch forged alloy wheels and Michelin pilot sport 4S tires
- Rear wing spoiler
- Rear fascia with diffuser
- Dual exhaust
- Steering wheel and shift knob
- Instrument cluster and infotainment systems
- N light sport bucket seats with illuminated logo
2024 Elantra N Ride and Handling Enhancements
- Engine mount membrane reinforced to improve after shake and agility
- G bushing reinforcement for yaw response and steering precision
- Rear Suspension/ABS insulator change from rubber to urethane on rear support for improved damping and yaw response
- ECS hardware improved for enhancement of body control
- ECS software optimized for hardware change
- Steering gear box yoke spec changed for improved steering connection and precision
- Steering universal joint friction reduction for improved steering precision
- Motor-driven power steering software optimized for chassis and steering changes
- Tire pressure increase – front 36 / rear 34 psi (current 35/33) to optimize front axle load increase while maintaining front to rear ride and handling balance
Powertrains That Deliver Performance and Fuel Efficiency
The lineup includes a gasoline-powered 2.0L engine, 2.0L turbo engine, 1.6L turbo engine, and 1.6L hybrid electric (HEV). The 2.0L turbo was developed especially for the N.