PGMOL chief Howard Webb and former Liverpool and England striker Michael Owen discuss refereeing decisions using match footage and previously unreleased audio in the first episode of Match Officials: Mic’d Up.
The new series aims to explain refereeing decisions using match footage and previously unreleased audio.
Webb explained the VAR process using both correct and incorrect calls in a bid to increase transparency around one of the most contentious aspects of the game.
The incidents looked at…
- Wolves penalty appeal after Man Utd goalkeeper Andre Onana collided with striker Sasa Kalajdzic.
- Virgil van Dijk’s red card for Alexander Isak foul in Newcastle vs Liverpool
- Sheffield United defender John Egan penalised for handball against Man City
- Arsenal’s penalty is reversed by VAR after Kai Havertz was challenged by man Utd’s Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Anass Zaroury’s red card for challenge on Kyle Walker in Burnley vs Man City
- Man City defender Nathan Ake’s goal is allowed after Manuel Akanji was adjudged not have impacted Fulham goalkeeper Bernd Leno
Watch the six incidents discussed on Match Officials: Mic’d Up below…
Watch Match Officials: Mic’d Up on Sky Sports, and catch up on SkySports.com, the Sky Sports App and Sky Sports social channels.